Marketing Activities are the actions taken to promote your services. Examples include direct mail, SMS, ringless voicemail, and email.
This system was created to manage any type of Marketing Activity.
To create a Marketing Activity, click the first + button next to the desired Marketing Batch. The Create a Marketing Activity popup will appear.
Enter the following details in the popup.
Marketing Type: Select the marketing type from the dropdown. When Direct Mail is selected, another field will appear to specify the type of direct mail you want to send.
If the desired type of marketing is not found, select Other and then specify the marketing type in the field that appears below.
Start Date of Marketing Activity: Enter the start date of the marketing activity. Please note that the marketing activity will not automatically initiate. You will still have to manually execute or fulfill the marketing.
Marketing Cost: Enter the marketing cost. If unknown, leave this field blank and fill it in later. If Direct Mail is completed through the Fulfillment page, the cost will automatically update once your order is complete.
Once saved, your Marketing Activity will appear in place of the + icon. You will see all inputted details plus the following:
- The number of current leads: When the Marketing Activity is in the Pending or Delayed status, this is a real-time indicator of your Active leads. If you move leads from your Leads page to your Removed Leads page, this number will decrease. Likewise, if you add leads back to your Leads page from your Removed Leads page, the number will increase. When the Marketing Activity is in the Completed or Canceled status, the number will not change so you get a true count of how many leads were marketed to for that activity.
- The Marketing Activity's status: There are 4 status alerts for a Marketing Activity:
- Pending: this will automatically display when the Marketing Activity's date is in the future.
- Delayed: this will automatically display when the Marketing Activity's date is in the past.
- Completed: the Marketing Activity's status will automatically change to Completed when direct mail has been fulfilled through the Fulfillment page. For any other type of marketing or if you are fulfilling direct mail outside of the system, you will need to manually select this status. Refer to the Modifying a Marketing Activity section below.
- Canceled: this is a manual status that will need to be selected. Refer to the Modifying a Marketing Activity section below.
To modify a Marketing Activity, check the box next to the Activity. Once checked, additional buttons will appear above the Batch Name.
To modify or change the status of your Marketing Activity, Click Edit. Once complete, click Save.
To remove Marketing Activity, click Delete. To confirm the deletion, click Ok on the popup.
To Fulfill Direct Mail or other products and services, click Fulfillment. To learn more about Fulfillment, refer to this article.
To export leads attached to a Marketing Activity, click Export. When exporting the leads to fulfill the marketing activity, keep both boxes checked so the system will recognize that you are executing the marketing activity and will change the status to Completed.
When exporting leads for a purpose other than fulfillment, uncheck the first box and you will be presented with 2 fields to enter an Export Name and Export Reason.
Complete form and click Export.
Once leads have been exported, you will be able to download your leads from the Export History page. To learn more about exports, refer to Import & Export History.