The Import List page is a powerful feature of OLM InvestorHub. In this article we will review the following:
- The Basics
- Mapping your Fields
- The Details
To import a list, Click Import List from the side menu.
You will be sent to Page 1 of the Import List section. This page will ask you for basic information about the list you are importing.
Provide a List Name and upload your lead list by either dragging the file over the Upload your File field or by clicking inside the Upload your File field. The system allows for .csv, .xls, and .xlsx files. Keep in mind if .xls or .xlsx files are used with multiple tabs, only the first tab will be imported.
Then select a List Purpose. Here is a list of the following options and what they do:
- Lead List: This is the general selection for most lead lists.
- Update Undeliverables: This is used when there are undeliverables in your system that you have skip traced outside of OLMIH to find new mailing addresses. When you re import the leads, the system will replace the existing lead's mailing address with the new address. The system will also update the lead's status from Undeliverable to Active and move the leads from the Removed Leads page to the Leads page. If you have selected this option, skip to the Mapping your Fields section.
- Removal List: This is used to move leads into the Removed Lead page so you do not market to them. On import, the system will identify any matching leads in your database and update them with the Status that you selected. This will also move the leads from the Leads page to the Removed Leads page if their status was previously Active. Leads not found in the system will be created and saved in the Removed Leads page. If you selected this option, skip to the Mapping your Fields section.
To learn about how lists are imported into the system, refer to the Automated actions during import article.
Lead List Type: Select the type of lead list you are importing from the dropdown.
When importing a list with only one Lead List Type, either select a Lead List Type from the pre populated list or create a new Lead List Type by simply typing in a name and pressing Enter.
When importing a list with multiple Lead List Types, select the Mixed Lead List option from the pre populated list. In order to import the list properly, make sure you have a column in your file to identify the Lead List Type.
Lead List Quality: Select the Lead List Quality for the Lead List Type that you are importing. Note: If you selected the 'Mixed Lead List' option from above, this field will not display. This field will only appear the first time you import a new Lead List Type. In general, higher-quality lists would include those that are more difficult to obtain or that you've found to convert the best. You may change the Lead List Quality at any time through the Lead List Details page.
When done, click Next.
The second step of the Import process is field mapping. In order for your list to be imported properly, the system will need to know which columns in your file correspond with the fields available in the system. The system will attempt to map your fields automatically. Fields are mapped when the fields on the right display the corresponding column name in your lead list file. To manually map fields, click on the dropdown menu and select the appropriate selection in the list.
You may add custom fields to your system so they are available for field mapping. You will need to add the custom fields before you import your lists. To learn more, refer to the Custom Fields article.
If you selected Lead List for the List Purpose on the first step, click Next to move on to the final step.
IIf you selected Update Undeliverables for the List Purpose on the first step, click Update Addresses and your import will begin.
If you selected Removal List for the List Purpose on the first step, click Remove Leads and your import will begin.
This is the final step when importing a Lead List. Note: This page will not show for Update Undeliverables or Removal List. Also, the selections that are presented may change depending on the Lead List Type selected and if you have previously uploaded the same type of list.
Tags: Select an existing Tag from the dropdown menu. Or, create a new tag by typing a name in the field and pressing Enter. To add more tags, repeat this step.
Update Lead Info: Select how you would like the leads in your import file to affect existing leads in your database if a duplicate is identified.
- Don’t overwrite any information on existing leads: this is the default option and will not overwrite any information on your existing leads.
- Only add additional information to existing leads: this option will ONLY add information to empty fields within your existing leads. An example of when to use this option is if you have leads in your system that you exported to skip trace for phone numbers and you only want to add the phone numbers to the leads.
- Overwrite all information on existing leads: this option will overwrite all information on your existing leads.
Date List was Pulled: Select the date that you pulled the lead list. If you leave the field blank, the system will default to today's date. This date will be associated with the Lead List Type being imported and may later be viewed in the Lead List Details page.
Update List Frequency: Specify how often this lead list should be updated. Based on the frequency selected, the system will send you a notification if you have not updated the lead list in the specified period of time. To learn more, refer to the Notifications article. This frequency will be associated with the Lead List Type being imported and may later be viewed and changed in the Lead List Details page. This field will not be present if you selected Mixed Lead List in the Lead List Type dropdown or if you have previously uploaded the same type of list.
Return Name & Address: This is used to associate the Lead List Type to a Return Name and Address for when sending direct mail to the leads. Create or select a return name and mailing address from the dropdown. This return name and address will be associated with the Lead List Type being imported and may later be viewed and changed in the Lead List Details page. This field will not be present if you selected Mixed Lead List in the Lead List Type dropdown or if you have previously uploaded the same type of list.
Return Phone Number: This is used to associate the Lead List Type to a Return Phone Number for when sending direct mail. Create or select a phone number from the dropdown. This return phone number will be associated with the Lead List Type being imported and may later be viewed and changed in the Lead List Details page. This field will not be present if you selected Mixed Lead List in the Lead List Type dropdown or if you have previously uploaded the same type of list.
When done, click Import List to begin importing your lead list. You will receive a push notification on the top right of your screen, next to the bell, once your import has begun. You will receive another push notification and email notification (refer to Notifications article) when your import has been completed.
If you selected Mixed Lead List from the Lead List Type option, you will be presented with a popup menu giving you the option to go to the Leads page or to go to the Lead List Details page. We recommend that you go to the Lead List Details page in order to update the applicable information for each Lead List Type that was imported.
To learn more about what happens during an import, refer to this article.